Wisconsin Photography Bucket List
Yesterday’s post was about my Wisconsin Summer Bucket List and now today’s post is a Wisconsin Photography Bucket List 🙂 Comment below if you think of something I should add!
1. Visit Parfrey’s Glen, a deep gorge cut through sandstone | located within Devil’s Lake State Park
2. Practice bird photography at the Horicon Marsh, the largest freshwater cattail marsh in the U.S | southeast Wisconsin
3. Take a photo of a campfire.
4. Ferry across to Washington Island. Take the ferry over to the island and explore the many beaches and forests | Door County, WI
8. Practice long exposure and photograph the night sky.
7. Kayak out to the Apostle Islands in the summertime or visit when they turn into ice caves (this is rare because conditions must be perfect) | Bayfield, WI
8. Practice long exposures at Amnicon Falls to make the water look velvety. Or, find a nearby river or stream and practice there | South Range, WI
10. Take a photo of a lake when it looks like glass.
11. Photograph your own backyard.
12. Capture the expanse of Lake Michigan and Lake Superior.
14. Try your hand at landscape photography in The Driftless Area. Here you’ll find picturesque landscape with rolling hills, deep valleys, and sprawling fields | southwest Wisconsin
15. Rib Mountain State Park. Take photos from the top of the hill, from the lookout tower, or from the quarry. Check out my Rib Mountain Guide here! Wausau, WI
I will be having some engagement photos taken in Door County this August and we have never been. We are hoping to do some exploring while we are on vacation but don’t want to spend our whole vacation trying to scope out places. Do you have any suggestions of place to take pictures? We are hoping for a rustic woodsy vibe for our photos since we both love to hike. ie: woods, cliffs, lake, rocks ect.
Sounds like a game plan!! Bayfield looks so pretty!! I haven’t seen a town quite as cute as that recently.
It’s seriously the cutest. You have to go visit sometime!